How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. G MD Your Own Question
Dr. G MD
Dr. G MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 349
Experience:  Vanderbilt Trained. Kidney disease, high blood pressure, Internal Medicine, Kidney Transplant
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. G MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently had a unrine test and these were my results - I

Resolved Question:

I recently had a unrine test and these were my results - I am in 3rd stage kidney disease - are these results normal or abnormal and if abnormal do I need to see a Nephrologist?

Microalbumin,UR,QN <3.0
detection limit <20Mg/L

Creatinine, Urine 110.2

microalbumin/Creatinine <2.7
normal range= <30.0mg/mgCreat.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. G MD replied 8 years ago.
These urine results look very good. Also, there is new data that people with Stage 3 chronic kidney disease WITHOUT microalbuminuria (no excess albumin/protien in the urine) are at very low risk for progression to kidney failure.

Therefore, given these results, you should continue to see your doctore, but you should not have significant worry.

Regarding seeing a nephrologist, the recommendation from our authoritative body (national kidney foundation and american society of nephrology) would suggest that you may have a better outcome in the long run if you see a nephrologist. However, there probably isn't a lot that a nephrologist would do differently than your regular doctor if he is already checking for albumin in the urine and a few other tests. He should test you for phosphorus level and intact PTH level to ensure that you have not developed kidney-associated bone disease. Along those lines, your doctor should probably also test for Vitamin D levels.

Best of luck to you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance in the future.
Dr. G MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you