Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am taking 10mg Amlodipine and 10mg Ramipril for High Blood

Customer Question

I am taking 10mg Amlodipine and 10mg Ramipril for High Blood Pressure. Is it safe to take viagra with this combination?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 8 years ago.
You age, other medical conditions/meds? What does your current blood pressure run?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
not sure what I can add to the above
Do you check your own blood pressure on your present meds? Or, if it's checked in your doctor's office, what are the numbers? Do you have any other medical conditions besides high blood pressure, and do you take any other prescription medications?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No other conditions. My blood pressure is currently 150/95 just self tested
Well, so long as your blood pressure stays consistently above, say the mid to high 120's over the mid to high70's, there should be no problem taking Viagra, althou you should start at a dose of 50mg, and, if you espereince symptoms of low blood pressure--faintness, sweating, blurring vision--you shouldn't take it again. Of course, you should be under a physicians guidance in taking the Viagra.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for the reassurance
One last proviso--you didn't mention them but no one who takes nitrates as in nitroglycerin for heart disease should take Viagra.