How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bulging blood vein in my left hand. Sometimes it

Resolved Question:

I have a bulging blood vein in my left hand. Sometimes it hurt or strings, sometimes feels burning symptoms
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this?

How large & how is its consistency?

In which part of the hand?

Did you have any test or treatment?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1) for sometime now about 6 months or more.

(2) You can see the bulge in the hand. It feels like to small mountains in the center of left hand. It Burns or stings about twice or more a day.

(3)In the middle of the left palm, by the finger next to the little finger. Run along this line to the finger next to the little finger

(4) I have not had any tests or treatments for this problem.

(5) Yes, I was a truck driver for over 34ys. I do have type II diabises, high blood pressure and I am dianots has being Biplor. All my systoms are related to Agent Orange by Korea in 1968-1968. The US Army sprayed AO on the 38Th Par and DMZ
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Is it on the palm or back of hand?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is in the center of the palm.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

It is uncommon to have an engorged vein in the palm of the hand.

It can be a tendon, or a thickened vein from thrombosis or inflammation.

You need to get it examined by doctor.

Treatment will depend on finding the exact nature of the problem.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What is Thrombosis and what treatment is available for either a Tthrombosis,Engorged Vein or Swollen Tendon.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thrombosis is clot formation in the vein.

If it is small it will usually not need any treatment & get absorbed.

The swollen tendon can need treatment with antiinflammatory analgesics, steroids etc.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This pain is sometimes feels like neddles point pokes or electric shock waves going through it.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
This can be due to an inflammation of the area.

It can also be due to irritation of nerve.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
if it is a nerve, is it possible to correct this by surgery or any other procedures.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
If there is any factor like entrapment of the nerve, then it can be relieved by releasing it by surgery.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is this surgery OP Or Gen Surgery. Also what type of Dr. should I see about this problem
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
First get it looked by your GP.

This may need a consultation with an orthopedic or general surgeon as the diagnosis comes out
Dr .Saha and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you