How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. B. Your Own Question
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7827
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse accidently took a double dose of zolpidem tartrate

Resolved Question:

my spouse accidently took a double dose of zolpidem tartrate (ambien cr). They are 10 mg tablets. Is she in danger?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 years ago.
what is age of your wife?
does she have any history of liver or kidney problems?
is she diagnosed with any medical condition like diabetes or hypertension?
on what all medications is she on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My wife is 64 yrs old. She has no history of liver or kidney problems. She does have hypertension. She is currently on the ambien and Benazepril (20mg once daily).
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 years ago.


Thanks for answering my questions,I appreciate that.

I understand your concern for your wife.

Now looking at your wife no history of liver and kidney problem,it does not seem likely that your wife may get any possible side effects from 20 mg of zolpidem.But being at age of 64,it is recommended that she see a physician.
Now if your wife is having excessive sedation, pin-point pupils(which is difficult most likely for you to assess), depressed respiratory function(decreased breathing,shortness of breath) after taking zolpidem ,then you might have to call 911 and get her to ER.


Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor.

Dr. B. and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you