How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chan Your Own Question
Dr. Chan
Dr. Chan, Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 356
Experience:  Practicing Medicine and Surgery since 1992
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a red lump(?) or bump on my face and it is unsightly

Resolved Question:

hi i have a red lump(?) or bump on my face and it is unsightly to me. I asked my doctor about it and she said it was a rosacia (i dont remember the second wordd) but she said it is common in older women but i dont want this red thing on my face...can it be removed? and if so what would be the approximate cost? thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.


Rosacea is akin to the older person's version of acne in teens. It causes your skin around the face to become inflammed and get red. It causes the blood vessels to swell up as well. You can get little "bumps" like pimples as well. These can be removed simply enough in the office. The cost varies from doctor to doctor but usually in the range of $150-300.

Hope this helps and thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you dr. chan for your reply. this is larger than just a pimple and there is only one (1) . i will look into having it removed by a dermatologist
Expert:  Dr. Chan replied 8 years ago.


Or a Plastic Surgeon or General Surgeon.

Dr. Chan and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you