How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Su S Your Own Question
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 20908
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I feel something move under my rib cage. What is it?

Resolved Question:

On my right side I feel something moving below my rib cage and I am 59 years old.

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.

Since how long?

In which part of the right side - front, back, side?

Can you feel any lump?

Any other symptom?

Any past illness? Any test? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The feeling comes and goes for a few days then nothing for months. In the front there is no lump and when I try to lay down I feel nothing there. It feels like a part of a baby moving but no I'm not pregnant. No test taken. The only drug I take is for colestral(sp).

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for the input.
The common cause is movement of distended loops of intestine from gas. The other probables are distended gall bladder, cyst or a growth. It will need a consultation with doctor for examination and investigation like ultrasound or scans to get the precise diagnosis.
Hope this information will help you. Wish you a healthy life.
Any query, please ask.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Is this something that I should worry about and why does it come and go?

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.

As it is intermittent & comes & goes, it is likely to be a distended intestine from gas which should not be a serious concern. Still you should get an examination by your family doctor to be certain.

Dr Su S and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you