How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. B. Your Own Question
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7827
Experience:  Physician with 8 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend & I have been sexually active for over a year.

Resolved Question:

My boyfriend & I have been sexually active for over a year. Recently my period has been really messed up, I had my period three times last month and twice this month. He also told me that my vagina feels different, like there is something inside me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 years ago.

There is a possibility that you might be having fibroids like submucous myomas which can be occlude sometimes some part of vagina and cause this kind of feeling.You have to ask your physician to do a sonogram and physical exam to rule this possibility.

Other possibility could be infection of endometrium which can also cause similar symptoms.ask your physician to do a urine and vaginal fluid culture.

If you are above 50 then ask your physician to do endometrial biopsy to rule out any malignancy.If you are <50 then ask your physician to do cervical biopsy to rule cervical malignancy.


Always ask if you need clarification/more information.Please click ACCEPT button to get my credit.POSITIVE feedback& BONUS are warmly appreciated. Please note that answer is for information only. It can't be a substitute to visit the doctor
Dr. B. and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you