Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
10798432

My Doctor has sent me for a repeat blood test 4 weeks after

My Doctor has sent me for a repeat blood test 4 weeks after the first. The first one showed something to do with my liver function. she has asked for a liver profile and a CRP, also a viscosity test. I take Zanaflex as I have Secondary Progressive MS so could that have had an effect and if so what sort?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Singh replied 8 years ago.
HI,
Raised liver enzymes or liver injury is one of the known side effects of Zanaflex. In some cases this requires discontinuation of the drug, if the levels are too high. Upon discontinuation the liver tests return to normal level in almost all cases. So this can be a possible cause for your abnormal blood test. Complete liver profile CRP and other tests would give more information about the nature of liver injury or any other inflammation.
http://www.rxlist.com/zanaflex-drug.htm
Regards.