How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HouseDoc Your Own Question
HouseDoc, Attending Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3262
Experience:  Licensed by the State of New York
Type Your Medical Question Here...
HouseDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I drain my Hydocele?

Resolved Question:

I would like to drain my Hydrocele
How can I do it ?

Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  HouseDoc replied 8 years ago.

First and foremost, you can not should not ever attempt to perform any surgical procedure by yourself on your own body or on someone elses body.This procedure should only be done by a trained urologist or surgeon. Draining a hyrdocele may sound like a simple procedure but it is not as easily accomplished. It requires the use of a local anesthetic and syringe. Tapping the hydrocele provides an instant cure for the condition, but this is just a fleeting cure as the fluid refills again. To prevent this from happening, the urologist uses a sclerosing agent which causes the hydrocele to stick to itself thereby preventing it from re-filling. Alternatively, the hydrocele can be removed with a surgical procedure.

If a such a procedure were attempted independently you run the risk of blood clot formation, infection, or injury to the scrotal tissue or structures.

HouseDoc and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you