Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MS
4931939

I have had numbness in my left pinky toe for about 10 days.

I have had numbness in my left pinky toe for about 10 days. what can be causing it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomerbr />
Is the area on the outer side of foot also numb?
What is your age and gender?
Do you have diabetes or any other disease?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the numbness is only on the bottom and tip of my pinky toe and I am age 36 going on 37 in september and I am healthy as far as I know
DearCustomerbr />
This is most likely indicative of compression of the nerve supplying sensations to the little toe.
This compression can occur at any level, from root in the spinal canal to the digital nerve at the level of toe.
If your symptoms do not increase there is no need of any treatment as it will most likely resolve in a few weeks time.If the area of numbness increases or pain occurs you may need a nerve conduction velocity test.

Regards

Sawhney

__________________________________________________________________________

I am available to answer your further queries.

Positive feedback and bonus would be warmly appreciated.

Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what causes this
As I said earlier it is most likely caused by compression of the nerve supplying sensation to the little toe. Where this compression occurs can only be known by clinical examination and further tests which may not be required.

Regards

Sawhney