How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Salar Your Own Question
Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9049
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Salar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my urine is very frothy,sudsy,or foamy, what could be the

Resolved Question:

if my urine is very frothy,sudsy,or foamy, what could be the problem? dr. says no bladder infection based on urine sample.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 8 years ago.
well you need urine cultures and complete urine test to look for proteins, glucose and ketones. comeplete urine will give idea whether there is any underlying kidney disease. also important to check blood kidney function.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what are ketones? look for proteins,glucose?
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 8 years ago.
these are different things which will show up on urine analysis and point to specific diseases which can lead to frothy foamy urine. like ketones/ glucose in diabetes.proteins in kidney disease from various causes and aor diabetes.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what about always being tired ,muscle aches, joint pains, soreness under ribcage,nausea,weakness,fullness in stomach,mild fever?
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 8 years ago.
alot of these symptoms can be explained by kidney disease and electrolytes balance. other causes would be infection and thyroid problems which should be tested for. it is important to have liver test and check gall bladder for issues.

as for stomach fullness... there are several causes including gastritis, acid reflux, hpylori infection, food intolerance or bacterial overgrowth. You should see a stomach doctor and get tested for the above. A trial of prilosec OTC will help. If it is hpylori or bacterial overgrowth then antibiotics would be required.
Dr. Salar and 7 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you