Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Total protein 7.9 g/dl 6.0-8.5 albumin 4.2 g/dl 3.4-5.5

Customer Question
total protein 7.9 g/dl 6.0-8.5 albumin...
total protein 7.9 g/dl 6.0-8.5

albumin 4.2 g/dl 3.4-5.5

alpha1 0.2 g/dl 0.10-0.40

alpha 2 0.7 g/dl 0.40-1.20

beta 0.9 g/dl 0.50-1.30

gamma 0.9 g/dl (h) 0.50- 1.60

immunglobulin g 1854 (h) mg/dl(###) ###-####

immunoglobulin a 361 ng/dl 70-400

immunoglobulin m 112 mg/dl 40-230

kappa free light chains, serum 2.32 (h) mg/dl 0.33 1.94

lmbda free light chains serum 1.48 mg/dl 0.57-2.63

kappa/lambda flc ratio 1.57 m/dl 0.26 -1.65

please tell me your point on the result.
Customer(Online) -- 25 Accepts / 24 Questions

Reply
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
6/3/2009
Doctor: Dr Bhumika, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor

The results do not indicate any gross abnormalities. You may get the tests repeated after a few months.

The values are just beyond the normal levels. A repeat lab test would help.

It is also important that you may get tested for HIV so that your doubts in this regards ***** *****

Best regards
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
what you are saying are these result can indicates hiv

No this is not HIV.

This is more likely a viral fever.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards
what a high protein in blood indicates

Causes of elevated levels of protein in blood include:

- Chronic inflammation or infection, such as HIV and hepatitis
- Certain bone marrow diseases, such as multiple myeloma, amyloidosis and monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS)

A high-protein diet does not cause high levels of protein in blood.

However, severe malnutrition can cause a decrease in total blood protein.

Further testing can help determine the cause of high levels of protein in blood.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Best regards.
does a high protein is the same as total high protein

In most acses yes.

What is the value?

Best regards.

7.9, what test dectect total protien and protein

7.9 is not high.

The test is calles Serum total proteins.

Best regards.

what you are saying that a eleveted serum total proteins can be an infection,

my doctor told me that i have high protein in my result, with the gamma and kappa, igg. please check the result posted. and give me the most vively answer

Your total protein is 7.9 - which is not elevated.

Let me know if i can help you further. Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful in any way. A bonus would be appreciated and follow-up questions are welcome.

Best regards.

but the gamma, and kappa and igg levels are eleveted what is this about about. this is shown in the result. i most say that you responds are very clear and understanding to.

what are the symptoms ARS hiv infection look like and is PN is a ARS symptom.

which is the most common symptom and how long symptom last.

do all the occur the same time.

thank many

The questions are not related to your previous question which i believe i answered.

Please click - ACCEPT so that i get paid for my work. A bonus would be appreciated and i would be available to answer any other queries about medicine and health that you have.

Best regards.

so what is the gamma and the igg and kappa elevated as in my case

I think you need to get only the test values that were raised repeated again from a different laboratory.

Let me know if i can help you further.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor