How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MasterDoc Your Own Question
MasterDoc, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
MasterDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is media pneumsteum?

Customer Question

what is media pneumsteum?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
There is no such thing. Do you mean pneumomediastinum perhaps?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i do, thanks
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
The area in the chest between the lungs is called the mediastinum. It normally contains the heart and some other structures but NOT any pockets of air. A pneumomediastinum means that there is an abnormal pocket of air in that area. There are many possible causes. Here is a link to a reliable site that provides details:
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.
MasterDoc and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no i donot accept this sloppy shoddy 2 line answer. I am extremely disappointed that I m ust look elsewhere for an answer. I will definately discourage my friends from using you. DONOT charge my account.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I gave a full explanation and appreciate to have to answer you again