How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MasterDoc Your Own Question
MasterDoc, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
MasterDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am taking a month trip to Europe in two weeks and would

Resolved Question:

I am taking a month long trip to Europe in two weeks and would like to have ambien prescribed to help with jet lag, time change etc. I can't get into see my regular doctor in time(she is out of the country)---any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
What country are you in?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am in the US, will be traveling to Madrid.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
In the United States, the only way to legally get a prescription for a controlled substance is to SEE the physician who is prescribing it (or have a physician who has seen you previously write it for you). WIth your MD out of town you would need to see another local MD. However, most MD's would be reluctant to prescribe such a substance on first meeting. Your MD should have a covering physician; you might try that person. The only other way would be to try the illegal method of an internet pharmacy. Surprisingly it seems that most pharmacies that promise such drugs over the internet actually do provide the real thing instead of a fake (although I can't honestly recommend it because it COULD be anything).
Please click ACCEPT>
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is it legal to order from an online pharmacy?
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
Since most (I'm tempted to say all) are located outside the US, the receipt of a controlled substance in the mail from overseas would be illegal. You could try to find one based in the US, but I am unaware of any.
Please click ACCEPT>
And a BONUS is always appreciated.
MasterDoc and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you