How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MasterDoc Your Own Question
MasterDoc, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
MasterDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for a new doctor. My main concern is my cholesterol,

Resolved Question:

I am looking for a new doctor. My main concern is my cholesterol, but I am also 46 years old and would like to have a complete physical. What type of doctor should I see?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
You should see someone board certified in Internal Medicine or board certified in Family Practice. Any attempt on your part to pre-select a particular speciality would be a mistake, and other specialists are much less likely than those two to assess you overall.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
MasterDoc and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you