How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr S.A.Alam Your Own Question
Dr  S.A.Alam
Dr S.A.Alam, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4469
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS/MRCP(R) U.K
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr S.A.Alam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What would cause constant dull pain in my arms from my

Resolved Question:

What would cause constant dull pain in my arms from my shoulders right into my forearms
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 8 years ago.

what is your age, sex, any previous illness,

any similar previous episodes of pain,

any tests done,

any treatment,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi, I'm a 44 yr. old male no previous medical history. This has been going on probably for 3-4 yrs. I'm a farmer and have been banged around by cattle but usually the pain does'nt change it's just constantly a dull ache.
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 8 years ago.

Is it in both arms,

Is there any neck pain.

Does pain gets relived with medicine
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The pain is just in the arms none in my neck and I have taken ibuprofin but it does'nt seem to help so I'd rather not keep taking it.
Expert:  Dr S.A.Alam replied 8 years ago.
Customerbr />
The most likely reason for pain in your case is nerve pain which is occuring due to problem in your cervical vertebrae( cervical spondylosis),

In this problem your nerves are pressed by the bone leading to pain.

This can be diagnosed with some clinical tests like checking your neck flexibility, and getting an X rays of the neck.

In the mean time you can do

Take a long hot shower daily this may help releive the pain,

take light exercises.

Hope answer was helpful.
Dr S.A.Alam and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you