How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17813
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump under my chin its like a ball shape I just woke

Customer Question

I have a lump under my chin its like a ball shape I just woke up and had it have no idea what this is can you please help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.

How large it is ?

Is there any pain , redness or temperature?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

What is your age & sex?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't have a sore throat or anything like that. It is tender and does hurt when I touch it. there is no bruising or discolor of the skin its just a ball shape. right under neath my chin in the middle. You can see it when I look up and when I am just looking straight. I don't know what it could be. Again I just happened over night just about but I have no other symptoms.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

From your symptoms , it appears to be due to inflammation of lymph node.

The common cause is an infection or inflammation nearby.

In this case it is likely to be in the floor of the mouth or gum or tooth infection.

The other cause can be an skin infection , boil or abscess.

You need an examination by doctor to have the exact cause.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I do have two little boils or abscess in the inner side of each leg.

Also one of my fillings did fall out from my tooth like two weeks ago and left like a small hole in my tooth.

how would I know which is causing this.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
It is likely to be the infection of the hole of the tooth.

The boils of legs are remote possibility.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Another thing would I go to a dentist or to a doctor. also Would this bump get any worse or would it go away on its own.

Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
You can go to your primary doctor.

You will likely to need antibiotic before starting any dental procedure.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
but would it go away on its own or would this cause other issues to occur or this bump to get worse
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
It needs to be treated .

Untreated it can continue to enarge & lead to formation of pus.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
okay. But as long as I take some antibiotics it should be fine.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Yes , it should be.