Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

It possible to get genital warts without being sexually

Customer Question
active, and if so is...
it possible to get genital warts without being sexually active, and if so is it safe to remove them with duofilm ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
4/28/2009
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 years ago

Greetings.

The genital warts can appear sometimes even one or two decades after the exposure, so, though, one is not sexually active, due to previous exposure (as the virus stays in the body and suddenly become active), they can come anytime. Duofilm solution is not very effective in genital warts and other treatments are necessary. Please read this resource for the treatment;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/genital-warts/DS00087/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

sorry, to be more clear, I had two raised bumps on the inside of my foreskin before I became sexually active. The dont hurt and are soft. Im guessing I want to know if it is possible to get them before i actually was sexually active , are there any other non prescription meds you can reccomend ? Thanks

On the foreskin, application of Duofilm should not be done. As a matter of fact, use of any over the counter medicine, should not be done as foreskin is very delicate, I am afraid. This is likely to be after the sexual exposure, but if you feel, that they were there before the sexual exposure, they might not be genital warts. An inspection by a physician can only confirm this.

You are welcome.

Feel free, if you have further queries.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor