Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a large callous like area on my instep that is about

Customer Question
4inches long and 2 inches...
I have a large callous like area on my instep that is about 4inches long and 2 inches wide that cracks all over and is very sore, I have tried a lot of ointments on it but they do now seem to help, I was on a lot of antibiodics this last year, I had a bad broken arm and in Nov a bad staff infection in my leg, I was hospitalized for 9 days, Is this a form of candida and what can I do to get rid of it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
4/28/2009
Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Customer

Calluses are usually formed when pressure is applied on that area for long periods of time. Once formed, they can cause pain and irritation of the area.

To remove calluses, as a first step, you need to change your footwear. Or you can use a cushioned footpad while wearing your shoes to take off pressure from the callus. These are available at any store.

Then get a professional pedicure or do one at home - soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes, dry off and then apply a callus softener, available at any store. Rub at the callus with a pumis stone to exfoliate the hard skin. Apply a good aloe vera cream. Repeate every alternate day, you should see a definite improvement in 114 days.

A candida infection will not form a callus.

I hope this helps.

Please feel free to ask for more information if you want any. If not, please accept the answer by clicking on the green 'Accept' button on this page. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback would be much appreciated.
did you mean 1-14 days or 114 days?
Sorry, I meant 14 days - 2 weeks.
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor