How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On saturday i heard a crack sound from my lower back wih

Resolved Question:

On saturday i heard a crack sound from my lower back wih pain from hat region. It has been 2 days am i am still in pain along with pain in my legs when i move around to much. it hurts to sit, lay down and walk. any suggestions what it could be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.

Do you have any tenderness?

Did you have any treatment?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

What is your age & sex?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I dont have any tenderness in the area, i havent had any treatment due to the long weekend no doctor surgery being open. I have been to a physio previously for my upper back and have been given exercises to loosen those muscles. (mainly due to work). I am 27 year old female.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The pain in the back is often found in young people whose work involves physical effort.

In some cases it can be due to weakness of muscles of the back.

Regular exercise to strengthen the back muscles often help.

In other cases it can be due to slipped disc, osteoporosis, any deformity of spine , infection or growth.

The pain which is going down the leg can be due to pinching of the nerve at the spine.

This can be caused by slipping of disc & pressing on the neve.

An examination by doctor is necessary.

X rays / scan can be needed too.

Till you see doctor try to keep it at rest.

You can apply ice for 10 -15 min wrapped in towel keeping off in between to get the the temperature to normal.

You can also take antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin or aleve after food to reduce the pain.

I hope this information will help.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you