How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Cameron Your Own Question
Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12910
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Cameron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had shin splints for two years. Only hurt when I try

Resolved Question:

I have had shin splints for two years. Only hurt when I try to do my evening walks ( does not hurt when I walk any other places). I walk on sidewalks and in the street. Was able to do 3 to 4 miles a night before I had two foot surgeries. Have been to physical therapy and have be doing their stretches but not working. Have not tried to take any medicine. Did not know if I should see a doctor and what type of doctor would I go to. ehyghaoghopQWnjha
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 8 years ago.
I would go see a physician since this appears to be affecting your quality of life. The physician to see would be an orthopedic surgeon. It is possible that since you have had your foot surgeries, your distribution of weight has changed, causing you to favor part of your body and put undue stress on the other parts.
You might need to xrays to make sure everything is alright.
As well, they would be able to provide some invaluable reassurance and guidance for proper rehabilitation.

Press the green accept button if this was helpful
Dr. Cameron and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you