Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a minty/menthol taste in the back of my throat and

Customer Question
when i breath. I do...
I have a minty/menthol taste in the back of my throat and when i breath. I do not think it is acid reflux
as over the counter products dont seem to reside it. It is not painful just concerning and seems to be a warning signal.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
4/15/2009
Doctor: Dr Su S, Doctor(MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)

Greetings,

Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Regards.
Probably started about a month ago and is present almost every day. As i said, not in pain but it is just present. Havent been ill for probably about a year. I am 45 year old woman and having been experiencing perimenopause for the last 3 years... not sure when it really turns into full fledged menopause. I do have lots of fillings in my teeth (i read someone made that comment) but it really seems like the source is in internally. I havent had any tests done as i thought it would just go away but its persistance is making me concerned. I was a social smoker in college and occassionally smoke with my friend who smokes constantly (ie maybe 5 -10 cigarettes a year) but dont really drink or smoke. I am 5"3 and weight 121 lbs.
Thank you for the input,

The abnormal taste in the mouth can be from sinus , nose, tooth infection, flu, common cold, dry mouth, heart burn, reflux etc. Dryness of mouth, smoking, vitamin B12 or zinc deficiency, salivary gland infection, Sjogren, nerve diseases, effect of medicines can also be factors. You need to get an examination by doctor to have the precise diagnosis.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Dr Su S
Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)