Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am trying to donate plasma. My protein is to high. What is

Customer Question
the fastest way to lower...
I am trying to donate plasma. My protein is to high. What is the fastest way to lower it and about how long would it take?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Expert: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.Anil, Doctor
What is your age and gender?
What is the reading of your serum protein level?
Do you have any history of chronic infection , liver disease, high blood pressure?
Please reply in detail so i can help you in every aspect.

I am 60

I don't remember , but it is .8 or .o8 above normal range

no, blood pressure is high at times, no meds

A total serum protein test is a blood test that measures the amounts of total protein, albumin, and globulin in the blood.
Normal values may vary from lab to lab.

Total serum protein
Total protein-6.0–8.3 grams per deciliter (g/dL)

Albumin:3.5–5.5 g/dL

Globulin:2.0–3.5 g/dL

Albumin/globulin ratio:Greater than 1.0

High values of serum protein level may be caused due to
Inflammation or infection
Rheumatoid arthritis
liver disease
Kidney disease.
As you have S.protein level in upper limit .
You should be seen by a doctor before donating blood.
As there may be complications while donating blood-
Fainting or feeling lightheaded
Hematoma (blood accumulating under the skin)
Infection (a slight risk any time the skin is broken)
Multiple punctures to locate veins .
As a high-protein diet does not cause high levels of protein in blood.
It is advised to consult your doctor for further evaluation and proper management.
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor