Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

when i poo, there are little yellow lumps in the stool, look

when i poo, there are little yellow lumps in the stool, look like little lumps of corn, also there are sometimes yelow spots on the stool
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would like to have more details from you. The lumps or yellow spots gives a greasy and smelly picture? you are taking any medications right now like antacids? any abdominal pain or yellow colour of eyes? loss of appetite? feeling lack of energy? your age and gender? how long you are passing this?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi
thanks for reply, yes at the moment i am taking Zoton tabs for some reflux probs, i quite often get pains in my side, very dull painful pains, havn't noticed anything with my eyes and my apetite seems fine, i do feel tired quite often, im male aged 30, i have noticed this happening for about at least the last 5-6 months but the pains have been there quite a while longer on and off

thanks
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your details. I would say that the yellow spots or lumps in stool are due to fat malabsorption and this term is also called steatorrhea. The important thing is we have to investigate the reason for it. Tab. Zoton do also effect pancreas and there is a possibility that this fat malabsorption is due to that. I will recommend few tests for you.

Abdominal scan

stool analysis for fat

serum Lipase

I will also advise you to visit your doctor for complete examination and evaluation.

I wish you best of luck and keep in touch

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed