Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a pimple on my tongue

Customer Question
I have a pimple on my tongue
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2009
Doctor: Dr Singh, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Hi there,
Since when do you have this pimple?

Its size, color, shape?

Is it painful?
about three days has a white head is very painful cause it rubs on my teeth i also have cold sore below my nose
Tongue pimples commonly occur due to tongue bites/injury, immune conditions and nutritional deficiency. In almost all cases symptoms resolve on their own in 2-4 weeks. Oral analgesics like Ibuprofen help with pain and inflammation. You can also apply a thin film of Vaseline over the pimple to minimize irritation and facilitate healing. Take a daily multivitamin supplement like Centrum, omega 3 supplement and eat a healthy well balanced diet. If symptoms persist, see your physician for evaluation.
Regards.
Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor
Dr Singh
Dr Singh
Dr Singh, Doctor