How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  Medical Doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a burning sensation around my diaphragm area and at

Resolved Question:

I have a burning sensation around my diaphragm area and at least 3 or 4 times a month I have this unbareable pain that start near that same area and spreads to my back.....what could it be and/or what type of specialist should I be referred to.....Please help me. I know that pain is the body's way of telling you that there is something wrong.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. German replied 8 years ago.
Hi,Customer to begin with , You must consult your primary doctor , after a good evaluation, He/She will refer You to a specialist if it is necessary .

Any unbearable pain could be serious and must be evaluated IMMEDIATELY .

You must go to the Emergency Immediately so You can be properly   evaluated and treated.

To begin with , if you are feeling any chest pain or breathing difficulty ,nausea or vomiting . You must go to the emergency immediately . This could be very serious .

If    you are feeling any chest pain or discomfort , this could be product of a blocking or obstruction of the heart blood flow .

However , your pain could be caused by several conditions like :

1-Gastroesophageal Reflux ( in this condition, the stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus through a weakened lower esophageal sphincter )
2- Gastritis ( Stomach lining inflammation)
3- Stomach or Duodenal Ulcers ( these are sores or crater like lesions )
4-Liver or Pancreatic Conditions

The doctor will need to perform several tests like :

1-Abdominal X-rays
3-Esophageal manometry
4-pH acidity test
5-Liver Enzyme Blood Levels
6-Stool Sample examination
7-Serum amylase,lipase and trypsinogen

With these tests , Your doctor will be able to determine what is producing your symptoms so You can receive the most appropriate treatment .

If you like the answer, please click accept. A bonus will always be sincerely appreciated .
Dr. German and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you