How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr .Saha Your Own Question
Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years experience as doctor
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr .Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a static noise in my ears,like TV static, and my ears

Resolved Question:

I have a static noise in my ears,like TV static, and my ears hurt slightly. One ear also leaks water or liquid at night when I'm sleeping.Any ideas what I have or how serious it is?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this?

Is it in both the ears?

Did you have any test or treatment?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have had this problem for about a week. The pain and noise is in both ears. I have not had any test or treatment done.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The constant & steady sound in the ears is called tinnitus.

There are many causes for tinnitus , but some times no cause can be evident also.

The causes may be -exposure to loud sound, ear wax, stiffening of bones of the ear or otosclerosis.

There may be vascular causes like high blood pressure, any blood vessel malformation, or any abnormal flow of blood may lead to this feeling.

Sometimes anxiety , depression or taking of medicines like antibiotics , aspirin , water pills etc. may also cause it.

As you are having discharge from the ear along with pain , it is likely that you are having an ear infection , which is causing the sound.

You need to consult an ENT specialist to have an examination of your ear.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Thank you.
Dr .Saha and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you