Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

My Sperm from my discharge has blood in it. What is the

My Sperm from my discharge has blood in it. What is the cause of this and what should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
When did you notice it? how often you are having it? Do you have any urinary symptoms or wt. loss? what is your age group?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am a 52 year old male I noticed it 3 days ago when I was masturbating. I Have no urinating symptoms and no pain in the area and no weight loss. I have not masterbated since because I do not know what has caused this. I have never had this problem before. Health wise I Feel Good! No Pain anywhere. Thank You!
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
There are many causes of blood in semen and it's mainly due to problem in following area like urinary bladder, urethra, prostate, testicles, epididymis, seminal vesicle. It could range from infection, polyp to malignancy. I don't see any alarming symptoms at this time, but the best option is to visit your doctor for detail work up to find out the cause of the problem. Early diagnosis and an appropriate treatment does makes the difference.