Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The car won’t start! It’s not the battery. It’s a Mazda 3…

Customer Question
Hello, the car won’t...

Hello, the car won’t start! It’s not the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi there. How long have you had problems starting the vehicle? Do any lights still turn on?

It’s a Mazda 3 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2012 Mazda 3?

This has happened once before a year ago, we just waited and it was fine. Otherwise 0 problème car turns on, lights are good, just not the motor approx mileage 100k km

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I think we turned the key while not in the right position or something and now it’s like it’s blocked. I don’t really know how to communicate that sorry!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mazda
10/26/2021
Mazda Mechanic: Amedee, Mazda Technician replied 1 year ago
Amedee
Amedee, Mazda Technician

Hello and welcome! My name is Amedee and I can assist you with your question. I am a former ASE master technician from Wisconsin.  I have worked in this field for 20 years and I specialize in electrical, engine repair, emissions (WI certified emission state inspector) and Drive-ability.   I am very familiar with this type of problem you are experiencing so I am confident I can assist with this issue.  I am very sorry you are having this issue and I understand this can be frustrating so I will try my best to help.

Is the anti-theft or security light on or flashing? Does it make any noise when you try to start it? Have you checked the fuses? Have you check for codes in the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked all that, ended up pushing the car and it started after. Thanks, sorry!

No problem! Glad to hear it is up and running. Certainly sounds like you have an issue with the starting circuit. The starter itself could be faulty or even the ignition switch or possibly the starter relay. I would recommend that you check for codes in the computer and then check for power down at the starter next time this occurs.  If there's no power down at the starter when this happens, then your best bet would be to check the cables and connections, checked the starter relay and circuit and check for codes in the computer system using a compatible scan tool.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you.  I really appreciate your patience through this process.   It has been a pleasure working with you.  I’m glad I can help.  Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks and have a great day!