Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

While driving down hwy 100km engine light came on, traction…

While driving down hwy...

While driving down hwy 100km engine light came on, traction control came on and tire pressure came on. Stopped to put air in tires and traction control turned off but now car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Solid checked gas cap also

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Mazda?

2015 cx5

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No.. I just wanna be able to make it home and bring it in. I just had ball bearings done in July and they said everything looked great with the car.

10/25/2021
Mazda Mechanic: Mike V., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Technician

Hi, my name is*****’ve been a technician on Just Answer since 2007, and I'll be helping you today. I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with your vehicle. Likewise, I know how inconvenient car trouble is, but we will get your vehicle back up and running quickly together.
May I ask whom I am chatting with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tamilynn Edwards

Hi Tamilynn, it's nice to meet you.

Does the engine crank and not start or no cranking at all when you try to start it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No,I can hear it slight cracking but not turning over

Thank you.

I feel that you may be having an issue with the charging system. If it's not charging as it should, it will start shutting down systems as the battery runs out of power. This will kick on the check engine light, and the other lights will follow as the systems turn off to save battery power, so the car will run. If possible, I would start with a jump-start to see if you can get it running, if you can, it may die when you remove the cables. If it does, then you will have to have it towed because it can't run without the alternator once the battery is out of power.

Please try this and let me know the outcome or if you have any questions.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at a onroute and cannot get a jump so basically call a tow truck

I'm afraid from the sounds of it you will need to do that, yes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
am u just asking for new battery

It doesn't sound like you have any alternatives. They may try to jump-start it first, but it will likely need to be towed to the shop, sorry to say.

No, you want to have the charging system tested.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Please let me know how you make out, Tamilynn. Thank you.

Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you so much. You def helped save lots of time and money. When calling the tow truck we tried a few things before taking me to a shop that had a battery as that is all it was

You're very welcome and thank you for the follow-up. I really appreciate it!