Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My car battery dies overnight. I changed the battery to new…

My car battery dies...

My car battery dies overnight. I changed the battery to new and it still dies overnight...

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had issues with the battery? Have there been changes in the weather recently?

No, I had this issue for about a month. I've been unplugging my negative terminal everytime I leave the car for more than 8hrs

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

Its a 2009 Mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

My mechanic suspects my distance starter. But he can't diagnose for me. And nobody around seems to want to help my out at a fair price

10/25/2021
Mazda Mechanic: AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
AutoDoc1
AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician

Who am I speaking with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lam NguyenA man with an awesome carBut it has issues. Hoping you can help me out tosay

Hi Lam and welcome to JustAnswer!  My name is ***** ***** I will be able to assist you. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out.

Thank you for taking the time to let us help you out with this problem and hopefully we can sort it out quickly.

You would have to perform an amp draw test to determine the parasitic draw on the battery.  This is done by connecting an amp meter in series with the battery on the negative cable.  The maximum amps should be less than .05.  If there is more than that, then you would need to start pulling fuses one at a time and watch the amp meter to see if the amps drop to an acceptable range.  If the amps drop, then you know that is the circuit that is draining the battery.  You would then need to check all the components on that circuit one at a time to see what specifically is using the power and draining your battery.  Make sure to put each fuse back in before you pull the next fuse.  Are you able to do that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but im gonna need to get an Amp meter.I'm pretty good at following at instructions instructions follow ups, so once I figure out the problem, I could solve my issue. I just needed to know how to startI hope it works out.If at all I need further assistance, I can always text you here is that correct?

Ok sounds good Lam.  I'm glad to help.  I hope it works out also.  Yes.  My goal is to give you the best service possible and to help you.  If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know.  If I’m not online at the time, I will respond ASAP when I get back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome, thanks so much, and I hope you have a splendid day

You're vey welcome.  You too!

AutoDoc1
AutoDoc1, ASE Certified Technician