Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My mazda truck 01 V6 is leaking on the tension big bolt, my…

Customer Question
My mazda truck...

My mazda truck 01 V6 is leaking on the tension big bolt

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?

My engine is new end the timming chain bolt lleaking oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put a washer on it an still leak

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That it

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Mazda
6/1/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 16 days ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what is leaking oil or coolant

on the Drive belt tension er Big bolt correct ?

Please Let Me Know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
oil coming out of the big bolt and dripping on the exhaust
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
did i get charged for the call
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
where's the answer

no , i did not accept the call, not needed here ,

which big bolt sir ? THE DRIVE BELT TENSION-ER BIG BOLT

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Rear engine bolt

CLICK ON LINK TO OPEN UP PDF FILE AND LOOK AT THE PICTURES I SENT YOU IN THE LINK THE FIRST 2 , 3 PICTURES DO YOU SEE The BOLT U ARE REFERRING TO ON PICTURE DIAGRAM

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
It’s on the right side of the engine

okay got u , right rear of engine but on the head or block ?

in the rear of engine there is no belt tension er

so are we sure on front or rear here ?

the tensioner in front is in picture i sent you

the rear ,that bolt will be a bolt on head or engine block

why was it take off , what were u try to remove ?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
thanks on the head
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Try to stop oil leak

ok head itself ,NOT VALVE COVER CORRECT?

IF ON HEAD YOU WANT BE ABLE TO STOP IT WITH A WASHER UNFORTUNATELY

WHAT IS MILEAGE ON IT NOW ?

I BELIEVE THE HEAD GASKET LEAKING Right side of engine from driver's view is leaking oil from the head gasket near the back of the engine.

AND DROPPING ON THE BOLT , THAT IS WHAT IS COMMON ON THEM ARE YOU SURE THAT IS NOT THE CASE

YOU TRIED CLEANING THAT AREA AND INPECT CLOSER

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
we put in a new crate motor . started to leak after awhile . changed the washer and still leak .is there a specific washer i need especially for that

crate motor ,why not send it back

best to send me a picture and i can tell you , u keep saying washer ,there is no washer that hold oil behind bolt , other than timing cover in front

or valve cover gasket on top of head

?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
its a v6 sohc hrdraulic 4.0 chain tensioner bolt on the passenger rear of the engine
Customer reply replied 16 days ago
i put the gasket to stop the leak but it originally did not have a gasket

THERE SHOULD BE NO LEAKS COMING OUT ANY BOLT IN REAR

IF THAT IS CRATE MOTOR , THEN IT SHOULD ME WARRANTED

DID U GET A FULL BLOCK

BLOCK AND HEADS TOGETHER

DID U HAVE TO INSTALL ANY HEAD GASKET FROM ONE BLOCK TO OTHER

THIS THE TIMING TENSION-ER BOLT ?

WHY WAS IT REMOVED , DID NOT COME ON NEW ENGINE ?

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
it did and started to leak oil. tightened it but still leak . want to know what else can i do

you get another one ,unless we have a thread problem where it goes in ,pull it out and insect threads first thing , if good replace it

if issue in housing then u send it back if it crate motor

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
thankyou would you ask anyone of the other experts if they have heard of this problem and lmk asap thankyou
Mazda Mechanic: Daniel, Manager replied 16 days ago
Daniel, Manager
Phone call session started

Hi, this is Daniel. I just spoke to you on the phone. Please let me know if there's any other questions that you need answered... If not I will keep this open for any further follow up questions that you may have. In the meantime please leave a rating for the help that I was able to give this evening. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know if there is any other way that I can achieve that from you today. Thank you

Daniel, Manager