Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I want to know about a read out P20965. Mazda 3 2010. I took…

Customer Question
I want to know...

I want to know about a read out P20965

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Mazda 3 2010

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it to parts store and got a read out and no one knew

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i just want to know meaning of read out

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
6/1/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Your code is one number to long.

It should be just 4 numbers.

The code is P2096

Thanks, ***** ***** give me your vin#

JM1BL1SF1A1157930

This code means you are running lean. Often to blame on low fuel pressure, dirty MAF sensor, or vacuum leaks.

Here are the steps to diagnose this code. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r0e0n8ggwmgu4fw/2096.pdf?dl=0

You now will see a rating scale a row of yellow stars from bad to excellent, because I have posted my 1st full/partial answer. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris