Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Starter won't turn over, but then it does. Feels like an…

Customer Question
Starter won't turn over...

Starter won't turn over, but then it does. Feels like an electrical problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?

Single click.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2002 protege5

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Protege5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to sell fix. Haven't tried anything yet. Think next is starter relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Transmission was overhauled. Now there is a click click click on the transmission that goes away when you step on the brake.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
5/30/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Do you want to try the relay and report back?

Do you have a volt meter so we can do some testing?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my INFO REQUEST / ANSWER in return for the fees you have already paid. I want those fees to benefit you and me. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent 5-star service you're pleased with, so if I've done that, please don't forget to give me a 5-star rating.

Thanks, Chris