Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2009 CX-7 2WD w/turbo has misfiring #2 fual injector. Little…

Customer Question
2009 CX-7 2WD w/turbo...

2009 CX-7 2WD w/turbo has misfiring #2 fual injector

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Little bit of a gas hog and starts as usual...has 94K miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Would like to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Should I do fuel filter replacement as well

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
5/28/2018
Mazda Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If the #2 injector is causing the misfire in some cases a shop or dealer can hook up their injector cleaning tool to your fuel supply and clean the injector to resolve this but in a lot of cases the injector will not clean out and has to be replaced.

You don't have to replace the fuel filter at the same time but if you want peace of mind that no debris is getting into the fuel rail then you can replace it. Usually, the injectors will fail in their own over time due to fuel deposit buildup from the additives in the fuel.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete