Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I drove my car earlier in the day with no issues. Went to…

Customer Question
I drove my car...

I drove my car earlier in the day with no issues. Went to start car my security light is flashing the car tries to start and you hear it turn over and engage however it immediately shuts down. So it will not stay running. I believe it's an issue with the security system however I'm unsure how to reset it. My V does unlock and lock the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

When the car was on the light wood flash about every 2 seconds according to the manual that means the security system is engaged. I found the manual to try to reset the security alarm however it did not work. It did recognize my primary key as well as my secondary key though

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2014 Mazda 6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took the key out of range. Brought it back to the car for it to recognize my fob. It did, as the buttons would work on the car. Then again car would go to start sounded correct no issues but it would not stay running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it was in the shop for maintenance 2 weeks ago and mechanically the car is intact. Not a battery, engine or fuel pump. Just the security system

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
5/28/2018
Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

IS THIS A PUSH START? KEY FOB BATTERIES GOOD? HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING KEY IN DOOR LOCK 4 TIMES LOCK AND UNLOCK 4 TIMES? IF THAT DOESNT WORK LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO NEXT