Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2009 Mazda6, i4, keyless. Will not start with either fob or…

Customer Question
2009 Mazda6, i4, keyless...

2009 Mazda6, i4, keyless. Will not start with either fob or with key in key slot. Ready light on starter button is green for a very brief moment then goes immediately red. Key with exclamation light flashes as well as the immobilizer light flashes on the dash. Changed car battery after issue. Tried disconnecting battery and shorting leads but no joy. Step on brake to drain residual power no joy. Waited 40 minutes no joy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Hi Pearl. Checked all the fuses under the hood. However, did not check relays. Is there a particular one to check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

See description above.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was starting to have slow cranking over the last few months. Thought it was battery but perhaps corroded starter leads? Could that set immobilizer mode?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
5/3/2018
Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago
eric remington

H​ello does your key fob work the door locks lock and unlock function? May I have vehice id number please?

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

Hello

Yeah, hi. I had used this service in the past and it was much more timely. I could not wait a day or more for someone to reply. I ended up getting the car towed to the Mazda dealer. Yeah, I guess there is a new service (and fee) to get a snappy answer.Net, net. This service, this time was of no value to me.My money went to the tow truck company and Mazda.
Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 2 months ago

we​ll nothing like snappy and free...cant beat that...everyone should use that...free service wow..Ill have to check that out...amazing

Eric,Ah, yeah. Free? I already paid the $20. No, it is not a fortune but nobody here expected free. Expectations were for more timely service as when I worked on my Chevy with JA in the past, not instant.Well, at least your your put-downs are snappy. If you were as timely/useful as you are clever it may have worked out fine.Keep up the amazing customer service and sarcasm. You're a credit to Just Answer.