Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The engine won’t start, have tried jump starting it and even…

Customer Question
The engine won’t start...

The engine won’t start, have tried jump starting it and even changed the battery. All the electronics in the car turn on including the radio but the engine just won’t start. It’s under warranty but being long weekend they don’t open till Tuesday and I need my car ASAP

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Mazda 6, 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My dad who is a mechanic looked it at it and that’s when we tried jump starting it and it wouldn’t work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
4/1/2018
Mazda Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are many possible causes for a no start condition, especially depending on exactly what is happening, and it will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. Since you replaced the battery I'm assuming it doens't crank. You may have a bad starter, ignition switch, it could be a transmission range sensor related issue, wiring, the engine controller itself may not be functional.

What specifically happens when trying to start the engine?