Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 93 2600 that wont start when cold.checked fuel pump…

Customer Question
I have a 93...

I have a 93 b 2600 that wont start when cold.checked fuel pump pressure and spark both are good.injectors dont seem to be opening.if iput the vehicle someplace warm ,it starts right up.no check engine light.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mazda b 2600

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 day by:
4/1/2018
Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago
eric remington

hello I can help you with this

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 20 days ago

are you a mechanic? what is fuel pressure now? may I have vin number please?

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 19 days ago

Hello do you need help

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
fuel pressure now is 60 lbs ,vin#jm2uf4142p0357551
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 15 days ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello

another expert here

This could be a wiring issue as things tend to expand when hot and its possible a poor or partial electrical connection is being pushed apart on one of the major sensors so check the connection plug and wiring to the following;
Airflow meter
Crank position sensor
Cam position sensor
O2 sensor
Throttle position sensor

unplug each in turn and use some switch / contact cleaner spray on the pins to ensure its all grease / dirt free

Also worth checking the connections to the fuel pump for the same reason - unplug each in turn and give them a good squirt of switch / contact cleaner - Not WD40

and also unplug and inspect the main power relays and fuses for signs of overheating or corroded terminals - so the ones for the ECU and the fuel pump

And also unplug the wiring loom connections in the engine bay one at time and inspect for corroded or recessed pins.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
i cleaned the maf, o2 sensor new.dist connection good,i will check a few more but havent seen any corrosion.the ecu gives me concern as i had problems with it before.

Hello

If you're not confident in the ECU then it may be best to send it off for testing / repair

https://modulemaster.com/rebuilds/

http://www.autoecu.com/

http://www.ecudoctors.com/

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
IVE NEVER HAD A VEHICLE that wouldnt start cold but when you park it in a warm garage over night it starts right up.you dont think maybe a temp sensor is bad?seems when it wont start the injectors arent firing.

Hello

well this is why I think the issue is an electrical one

has everything expands and contracts with temperature so its quite posssible that a bad electrical contact is being pushed together as everything warms up

If it was a faulty coolant temp sensor then these tend to still open the injectors but just change the opening time so you get a weak or rich mixture

if all the connections look OK then it would be worth replacing the coolant sensor to rule it out as its not an expensive part

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
sounds logical. ill check and get back with you.
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 14 days ago

understood

Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 9 days ago

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer reply replied 4 days ago
hi matt thank you for your patience,been cleaning connections in the engine compartment and ecu in cab.havent found smoking gun,ihave noticed that if you cycle the key several times the truck will start to fire ,then a few more times cycling it.it will run slowly and then pick up to a normal idle after 30 seconds of running,then will start fine until it cools off again.
Mazda Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 4 days ago

Hello

I have to say that this sounds like a lack of fuel pressure?

when you are measuring the 60lb of fuel pressure is this on a running engine?

and is it tee'd off the main feed line ?

350matt
350matt
350matt, Engineer