Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a Mazda Protege 2003. I didn't drive the all winter.

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Mazda Protege 2003. I didn't drive the all winter. Now it doesn't have any power. I checked the battery. It is fully charged. What could be the situation?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Protege yourself? What have you tried so far?

I can't drive the car because it does not have any power. So I am looking for some one who can advise

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/30/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are having power issues with your vehicle. How was the battery tested? Do you have a voltmeter? Did you check the voltage while trying to crank the vehicle?

I took the battery to advanced auto parts, and they tested the battery.
It wouldn't help. Because I don't know anything about cars.

H​ave you checked the battery connections? Are they secure.

When you turn the key, what happens? Just trying to get a better understanding of what's going on.