Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

The drivers side door of my 2008 Mazda 3 will not open from…

The drivers side door...

The drivers side door of my 2008 Mazda 3 will not open from the inside or outside. They are manual locks; no electric anything in the door. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am hoping to fix myself. Didn't want to attempt to rip the panel off if not necessary. The door seems to be in the locked position, and the outside handle feels detached.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

91, 000 miles. this has never happened before.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all. Thank you.

3/29/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned you will receive a system automated call request, that is not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Also I am not paid hourly by just answers, I am only paid when you rate me, so if you could please respect my time and knowledge by rating me when we are finished that would be wonderful. If you could please indicate your level of experience and what you are looking to get out of your session today. Ok lets get started! Unfortunately you will need to pull the inner door panel which is not going to be fun and once pulled you will need to examine the interior od the panel to see whats going on, most likely a lock rod off or cable issue

Thank you for your time. I will attempt to pull off the door panel. Any suggestions for a closed door removal?

close eyes very tight and wish super duper hard lol just kidding, seriously though ill get you the removal procedure for that, you can unbolt the seat and move it back to gain better access, be right back on the procedure

haha!! thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4ma10adsr8g73f/thurs1.docx?dl=0

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!