Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Whenever I go to drive, my Mazda 6's security system goes…

Customer Question
Whenever I go to...

Whenever I go to drive, my Mazda 6's security system goes off and the alarm sounds the entire time I am driving

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes, its not an issue with the unlocking or locking of the car. It is just the security system is malfunctioning or something and the alarm keeps going off, but only when I am in drive

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mazda2?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far we just took the car alarm so we the horn would stop blaring I am taking it to a dealer asap but I have to work the next 4 days and need my vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is pretty much it. Thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

there is no fuse or relay to pull out unfortunately to disable it ,we have hood,door,trunk switches,door locks sensors, key fob battery , key rf signal etc to many to guess at it , what I can tell you is we can try a master reset until the appointment at dealer to get it scanned ,

Master Reset

1-Disconnect Both Battery Cables ,Positive & Negative .

2- Touch Cables With Each Other For 60 Secs ( this will take any residual power in the Harness to Reset the Vehicle Modules )

3- Wait 30 min

4- Close all doors and trunk

5- Reconnect Battery Positive First

6- Use The Key in The Driver Side Door

Lock Cylinder to Lock it & Unlock,IF You have only a Key Fob ,use it to lock and unlock

7- Enter vehicle and Start it .

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.