Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

I have a 1983 Rx7. It sounds like there is water running…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 1983 Rx7. It sounds like there is water running through the dash board.

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

This time about a month

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I had the engine replaced for the 2nd time about 3 years ago. The same problem with the sloshing water sound was going on then too. I take it to the dealership for repairs. The coolant light comes on & we do add coolant ourselves but the sloshing still seems to be there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car is in the shop right now and they have told me they don't hear anything and so they cannot figure out what the problem is.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/26/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

If you need to add coolant, you have a leak.

If no external loss is noted, a rotor housing water seal is the likely culprit.

The dealer should know if you hear coolant in the heater core sloshing.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago
eric remington

s​o you are low on coolant? u may have air still trapped in system

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

f​ind leak and fix.... bleed air in system....have you had system pressure tested for leakage

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

pressure test system and fix leak. Its not normal to have to add coolant maybe a little every 3 months...anything more you have a leak and it needs to be fixed

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

p​lease rate me as that is how I am compensated

Mazda Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 3 months ago

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

if for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you