Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Mazda MX 5 1994: Suddenly the gas meter did not work. Even…

Customer Question
Mazda MX 5 1994...

Mazda MX 5 1994: Suddenly the gas meter did not work. Even the majority of the dashboard did not work. Speedometer still works. What should I do? Does it have to do with the hedges?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Hm, dont know what a gas hog is, but the care starts as usual (this happened late oktober and from november the car is in a garage waiting for summer... so I havent been driving it for a while, bur will now prepare it for the summer season

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will try to fix it myself. First is to find out whats wrong, then fix if possible. I was thing it might have to do with hedges/fuses...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, this is all

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mazda
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You definitely always want to check the fuses, however, the majority of the time when any part of the instrument cluster works but part of it doesn't, unless it's only one of the gauges, it's usually the cluster that's faulty.To test if it's the gauge or the level sensor, you simply access the two wires for the fuel level sensor and measure the resistance between each other while adding fuel to the tank and see if the resistance changes, if it doesn't gauge doesn't work then you know the gauge is bad.www.car-part.com is going to be your best source for a used gauge clusterIf I've answered your question your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name because that is the only way the site will compensate me for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can ask follow-up questions even after hitting accept.