Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Have a mazda 2004 mpv. Driving on freeway everything is fine…

Customer Question
Have a mazda 2004...

Have a mazda 2004 mpv. Driving on freeway everything is fine and then it loses power. Won't respond to gas pedal. Pull over to side of road. Let sit for 15 minutes car try to start. Car initially starts then dies like choking for fuel which it has a quarter tank. Noticed the power sliding doors don't work. Not sure what to do next.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Does not fluctuate.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not sure where to go next. Replaced the coil pack two weeks ago on the number 6 cylinder.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems to me to be electrical related.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/25/2018
Mazda Mechanic: john aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

Is the engine light on?

Have you checked the system for codes?