Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Transmission light came on and it won’t start. All good. Bt…

Customer Question
Transmission light came on...

Transmission light came on and it won’t start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the transmission fluid?

Yes. All good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

Bt 50 2012 3.2

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked transmission fluid. Found no engine codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just wondering why I got transmission light and car stopped.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
3/24/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Jake, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jake
Jake, Auto Mechanic
Hey there, thanks for the question.Does the engine crank at all? Or does it just do nothing when ignition is turned to start?
Engine cranking....
Fitted new battery and still won’t start
Well, if the engine is cranking. Then the transmission light may be a seperate issue. The only transmission issue that generally prevents starting is a range switch fault, but it can’t see the transmission in park so it won’t crank the engine.We’re having any other issues prior to the no start? Is the service engine light also on?
Transmission light came on during the drive and then engine stopped.
Now there is no transmission light and no engine light

Thanks, ***** ***** issues can definitely cause driving issues and even stalling but won't affect starting when in park or neutral. If manual gear box then all it needs is a clutch switch ground to crank.

You certainly could still pull up the stored codes likely if there has not been too many key cycles as they generally revert back to a ending status for a period of time, but when the engine stalls its normal for all the dash lights to come of, then go back off similar to a bulb check when initially starting.

The majority of times though these engines cranking and not starting relate to fuel delivery issues and have nothing to do with the transmission. My advice would be to start by ensuring the filter is clear and the lines are purged of air before digging into pump and flow valve issues.

Hi Jake
Found a problem..
There’s a loose high pressure pump pulley bolt.
I tighten up back and started with no problem but had same problem after 50 km
I tried with a lock tight but it loses again.
Car has a 310000 km.
Can you please advise...
Are you saying the pulley bolt continues to loosen itself after proper torquing?
If so you need to make sure the bolt spacer (washer) is still in good shape and i would recommend gong ahead and replacing the bolt in case it has stretched. This will cause it to vibrate and keep coming loose.

i just wanted to check back and see how you made out?

If you need anything else I am happy to help! If not all I ask is you please leave me a kind rating.

thanks.