Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

2012 Mazda 5 sport intermittently stalls when driving or…

2012 Mazda 5 sport intermittently...
2012 Mazda 5 sport intermittently stalls when driving or shifting from park to reverse and drive to park. CEL on as well as sometimes the TCS light. Scanner found code P0606. Car will sometimes accelerate without pressing gas, if foot is taken off brake car surges forward. Took to local dealer, said trann fluid was black, vehicle needs tune up, oil change, battery failed GR8 test. Had them flush trans. Changed battery myself and will do oil and tune up in a day or 2. Vehicle did same symptoms as described above this morning .
3/23/2018
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

your PCM is bad. it has an internal processor error. it needs to be replaced. period.

That's what I was thinking as well. Dealer said they got code P0606:00, but said the issue I was having was everything they stated all together was the cause of my issues and wanted over $1000 to fix. They never said anything about the PCM going bad.
this isn't a case of simply reprogramming the PCM, it needs replacement?

standby

its an internal processor fault which means programming will not fix it.

Alright. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Was getting frustrated trying to find the cause of this and the dealer didn't help me out much either.

dealers do not tend to do very good at anything anymore except take a bunch of your money

you're welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you very much and please keep me posted.

I definitely will and thank you

you bet and thanks