Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Recently replaced my mazda 3 2006 radio— following that,

Customer Question
interior lights and key fob...
recently replaced my mazda 3 2006 radio— following that, interior lights and key fob wouldn’t work unless headlights were on. went and got 15A fuse replaced... the dash lights, fog lights, and red tail lights wouldn’t go off. removed 15A fuse so the battery wouldn’t die. HELP!
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
in addition with key fob and interior lights not working, radio resets everytime as well as the odometer
Answered in 1 day by:
3/24/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 3 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

First you need to run this test below to see what circuit is draining it ,

https://www.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

Then

You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

With that said the most probable cause here Radio you got is shorted out, unplug it and see if the problem goes away ,check radio rear connector harness for any melting or pins making poor connection.

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.