Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

Steering wheel vibrates and makes noise on idle and moving…

Steering wheel vibrates and...

Steering wheel vibrates and makes noise on idle and moving slow, brakes on or breaks off.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Fine except for vibration in steering wheel. It is more than just a vibration. I can physically see it wobble back and forth.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2008 tribute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have always sent it out. Ball joints and fuel line problem were done at dealer.

3/21/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you had a mechanic look at this problem yet?

Are you trying to fix this your self?

No mechanic yet. Will fix myself if it is within my skill set.

at 30-50 mph when braking does the wheel shake more ?

How do you check the power steering fluid in this model. Can't find the reservoir.

that wouldnt make the wheel shake but I can get you that info, I just need your engine size

also at 30-50 mph when braking does the wheel shake more ?

3.2

are you not getting my questions? do you want me to help you ?

3.2 engine size.... Wheel does not seem to shake more at 30-50mph

what about when braking ?

there is a 2.3 and 3.0 for that model

No shaking to speak of. Generally hen idling or slow.... Like in the McDonald's drive thru
2.3 engine

ok that model has electronic power steering and uses a motor to do what the old hydraulic system used to do, is there a check engine light on?

Thank you VERY much.... That cleared up a lot. There is no light on, but I ran my OBI meter anyway and it did not give a code. We are taking it to the shop tomorrow. Your information was very helpful!

your very welcome, I can also help on the shop side of things before you approve anything we can go over the repair order and diagnostic together, I can usually get the bill down a bit and also make sure they are doing the right repairs.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Thanks for the great rating! Hope you have a wonderful day and feel free to add me to your favorites list for assistance in the future. Ill be here if you need any help at the shop as well, just wanted to send a thank you message.