Mazda

Mazda repair questions? Ask mechanics for answers ASAP

My driver's window will not come up. I just disconnected the…

Customer Question
My driver's window will...

My driver's window will not come up. I just disconnected the battery to reset it. It did come up about a third of the way and then stopped

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

The battery is a month old. I just replaced it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mazda?

2011 cx7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CX-7 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked all of the fuses, tried the battery reset, took panel off to see if window was out of the track

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am in a hospital parking garage (my wife called me before her shift started) that it wouldn't close after she put it down to get her parking pass

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mazda
Any suggestions?
3/20/2018
Mazda Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mazda Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mazda Mechanic

sorry for the delay........
This would NOT be Fuse, as the window would not even work.
Sounds more like Window Motor & / or Window Regulator
You will need to remove the Door Panel & Test the "2" wires at the Window Motor for "Reversal Voltage + / Ground - to see if the Switch is providing sufficient Voltage + & Ground while the Window Motor is running.
It takes more amps for the Window to go up than it does to go down.
You could "lube" the Regulator where the Glass & Regulator moves to see if that will let the Motor go a little faster, but you will likely have to replace the Motor
IF you need Door Panel Removal Instructions, let me know
You will need Voltage / Ohm Meter (DC Volts) to test

I just got it up.... Sounded like some grinding though and it's not sitting nicely with the rubber seal on the outside

thanks for the update........
You will need to remove the Door Panel to have a look at the Regulator & Motor, to see why it's not sitting correctly
You could try rolling down & back up to the point it stops & try pulling as you raise it with the switch

I'm not touching it now... I'm in Canada and it's pretty cold outside today... I will drop it off at my mechanic next week. Thanks

sounds good
IF you need information on replacing, let me know

Thanks

Did you have any other questions?
I see you have viewed my reply but have not selected a rating.

Rating does not incur any additional costs, it simply allows me to be compensated for my time here.
It also does not close the question, you can follow up at any time.
Thank you.